Temporary Residence

A person who is not a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee Claimant is a temporary resident.

There are many different types of temporary residents. There are, for example, Foreign Workers (temporary residents with work permits), Foreign Students (temporary residents with study permits), Visitors (temporary residents with visitor records).

Each type of temporary residence is different and it's important that temporary residents not only know what type of temporary resident they are, but also the rules that they need to follow in order to keep their temporary residence.

At Contreras Law, we can help you navigate the rules and can help you keep your temporary residence, change your temporary residence to a different type, and help you put together a plan of action to get Permanent Residence.

At Contreras law, we know that one size does not fit all and that it often takes several different steps to get Permanent Residence. Give us a call so that we can help you put together a plan of action so that you can either get temporary residence, keep temporary residence, or put together a plan of action in order to get Permanent Residence.